It is currently 21 Aug 2019 18:28

All times are UTC

Post subject: Appeal to Nutters!
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2013 01:18 
Whole Nut

Hi chaps, I'm appealing to you guys for some help! As you all know, the regular Lazy server is dead until after kids bedtime and this is fine with me, it's pretty much been that way since day 1 of putting it online and my appeal does not involve that server.

No, the problem server I have is this one :- 85.236.100.104:27115 Multiplay (UK) :: Public :: TF2 (02) (cp_dustbowl 24/7)

Now this used to be an extremely popular server but has died a death. The biggest problem I have is that getting it on to the Valve 'Quickplay' system requires it to have standard vanilla respawn times (these can be up to 20 seconds long) and also a maximum of 24 players. I have seen it populate occasionally but players hate that super long respawn and tend not to return.

I am going to change it to a 32 man server with quick respawn. The downside here is that it instantly gets removed from 'Quickplay' but IF I can get players joining they will hopefully favourite it and return, along with their friends. I'm open to suggestions on the full 32 man experience but having seen other servers prosper on this I think it will be fine.

Ok, so where do you guys come in? The biggest problem with getting servers populated when you go outside of quickplay is that many people have their filter set to remove the 'Is not empty' servers. Therefore, if it's empty, it won't show in their list of servers. What I propose is that anyone who plays #07 who wants to help me and a few admins get this server going gets 'lite' admin access to the server. This gives the ability to give admin messages and also kick problem players.

If anybody is up for that just let me know and I'll sort your access. And no Lego, don't apply! :) Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Appeal to Nutters!
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2013 06:28 
(>Nutter<)

I don't mind playing on the map for a bit. Is it a new one :?: But I'm not keen on joining if it's completely empty.

I'm not fussed about the admin thing tho.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2013 08:39 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
I don't mind playing on the map for a bit. Is it a new one :?: But I'm not keen on joining if it's completely empty.

I'm not fussed about the admin thing tho.
Yeah Dustbowl is a brand new map JJ. :D

I'm with JJ and no desire for admin. Can I ask, if Multiplay have got like 70 servers why does this matter? Happy to help you personally but not so sure about promoting another empty server when we can't even fill our own. What would be cool is if Multiplay could help YOU promote what I imagine is one of the longest running TF2 communities in Europe :)
Would be nice if MP could help fill 07 like Fragmasters fill theirs.

Got to ask.. why not Lego? I've obviously missed the gossip :D

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2013 10:16 
(>Nutter<)

I will help and I also dont want any Powers (I would only break summert :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Dazmond "Should I go sniper"

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2013 12:52 
Whole Nut

Purely because it's one of my original line up of 7 servers and used to be very popular and I'd like to see it popular again. Alas I doubt we'll ever fill lazy all day like Ragmasters although as I've said before, I'd rather a couple of hours of decent play than most of the day full with poor play and cooperation.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2013 14:42 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
Purely because it's one of my original line up of 7 servers and used to be very popular and I'd like to see it popular again. Alas I doubt we'll ever fill lazy all day like Ragmasters although as I've said before, I'd rather a couple of hours of decent play than most of the day full with poor play and cooperation.
Fair enough, cheers. Wouldn't you rather fill a lazy server with new people , like we all used to be than trying to fill just another Dustbowl server from the hundred listed? We can't rely on a dwindling core of NUTTERS to keep 07 going I would guess? You might be surprised but Ragemasters has some very good players there now (you'll know quite a few of them maybe without realizing) and games there are amazing from about 6-7pm onwards (when 07 is empty) when the kids and noobs disappear. You might also be surprised to know that quite a few players from Fragmasters on our friends list now come over to 07 to join us ;)

Support for Lazy - Support for 07 - support NUTTERS :D

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2013 16:05 
(>Nutter<)

Quetion for you Sponge mate. Why is fragmasters busy during day and 07 lays dormant ? It's no joke mate I would like your view on it.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2013 17:52 
(>Nutter<)

Mary, I think the question has been asked a number of times and the only thing I can put it down to is class limits. I think people there want to play what ever class they like and having class limits on 07 puts them off. They don't seem as fussed about team work, if they all want to play sniper then that's what they do. This is also why two or three nutters can go there and win the game. Yes, there are some good individual players there but I cannot understand why they put up playing with a bunch of noobs. I've tried it and it's a frustrating load of bollocks and a complete waste of time. :)

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2013 19:25 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
Quetion for you Sponge mate. Why is fragmasters busy during day and 07 lays dormant ? It's no joke mate I would like your view on it.
I would have thought your cousin uncle brother Parva might know? Before Fragmasters, GTFO was also the same.. When GTFO died where did they all go.. not Multiplay but FM. I'd have thought with MP's resources and server listings MP07 would have topped out but nope.. FM busy all day, MP07 dead. FM have like 3 TF2 servers total but they manage to fill em. Might have something to do with Quickplay but since I dont have experience in managing a large amount of servers or any association with Multiplay I really have no idea. Ask ur homie, he's the expert. ;)

If I knew do u think I would have kept it a secret? :D I play on FM cos its full, OK the quality might not be as high as 07 but it's getting better and better. Admins now turn up when u ask them to and Swim is admin so hackers and griefers get kicked in a flash. Fragmaster (owner) is pretty proactive too and keeps on top of things. Might sound funny coming from me seeing as he banned me but since then they've really got their act together and good luck to them. regarding class limits - that pretty much sorts itself out cos once they start stacking with 3-4 snipers they lose the game - and not many players play to lose ;) You can also votekick and voteban, VIP if u want to donate for reserve slots, and a host of trivialities.

Personally I dont care where I play. I play on FM for a game on a full server and play on MP07 to see my buddies, although when I got an early start I'm probably AFK by the time MP07 fills up these days. :D

wow long way of saying idk

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2013 19:35 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
Mary, I think the question has been asked a number of times and the only thing I can put it down to is class limits. I think people there want to play what ever class they like and having class limits on 07 puts them off. They don't seem as fussed about team work, if they all want to play sniper then that's what they do. This is also why two or three nutters can go there and win the game. Yes, there are some good individual players there but I cannot understand why they put up playing with a bunch of noobs. I've tried it and it's a frustrating load of bollocks and a complete waste of time. :)
We were all noobs once JJ. Noobs become vets if you give them time and patience. I agree it's frustrating sometimes but it's fkin hilarious sometimes too :D Apart from that there's some VERY good players on there. If we put an FM elite team together against 07 NUTTERS I wouldn't bet on who would win 8-)

.. unless u fancy a bet? ;)

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2013 22:16 
(>Nutter<)

Thanks for the views........Very intresting (But stupid) sorry could not stop myself with that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2013 23:12 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
Thanks for the views........Very intresting (But stupid) sorry could not stop myself with that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Um cool.. ur welcome

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013 01:10 
Whole Nut

Well obviously theres something about 07 that alot of people don't like. Since before Fragmasters, there were GTFOGaming. Personally I remember a little bit when I started playing 07, I know I was friends with Sponge and I would notice how he would leave GTFO in the evening and join Multiplay, and one day I followed him and Paranoid to Multiplay, I remember not being too high about it in the beginning, not because of class limits, but because of the lag, geez, I had fairly good internet and I would lag like crap, I never figured out why, all-talk kinda bothered me too, but it something you get used to overtime. Today I have no lag at all though, and havent had for the last year.

Then if you want an honest opinion, you don't gain players by switching them around because you don't want a "noob/new player" in your team. ;)

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013 01:26 
Pea Nut

I join FM sometimes, mainly because its full most of the day and I can agree with sponge in that there is a select few on their, that I've seen that are good players. I think I have seen a few leak into some of the lazytown (07) which is nice to see.
I think the kids / annoying, clearly not there to win noobs, does ruin the experience sometimes.

As for the re-pop of dustbowl , I don't mind poping on there from time to time, if you think it would help, but I haven't had that much fun on the FM one.

I do wish 07 was populated more during the day or at least have long gaming time, than it has had the pass few days.
But because I'm new to this community, I don't if it drops like this normally.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013 04:17 
Whole Nut

I just give in tbh. It doesn't matter what I do with 07, it's hated. The 2 sniper limit, oh the abuse over that, and then the no sniper Wednesdays. Last night (Tuesday) Serious Cat quit because he was sick of being sniped and vowed only to play on no-sniper nights in future (which is a 1 day a week affair). Then there's the complaints about scout limits.

Then we have the multitude of servers that have copied my idea, and yes, I do mean copied my idea since I ran this map from day 2 (the day it came out) of TF2 being released in beta. Yep, the map has had many updates but if you were to compare the original to the current 'g' version, you likely wouldn't be able to tell the differance other than bad frame rates and tele's exploding.

And then there's the constant "ragmasters is full" stuff, and that's before I even get to the numerous people that have tried to 'rip-off' the community that's been built here. Swim actually set his own rented server up on Multiplay that was a carbon copy of mine. Obviously he decided to join ragmasters after he was seen off.

There's been many others too, amd there's also yours Sponge / Astro. I know you've tried to gloss it over and make it look like a non-threat but it's pretty obvious what the intent is/was. I have tried running multiples of a popular server and in every single instance the same result happened, both died a death.

I seriously have little energy left now, if people want to dissipate to yours / ragmasters or whoever then so be it. I have tried everything with 07, resulting in many IP changes etc just to get us the best server for the job and the many hundreds of hours getting the class balances right. You obviously know far more than me Sponge, good luck.