It is currently 16 Jul 2019 22:57

All times are UTC

Post subject: Voting for teams shuffle
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2009 21:12 
(>Nutter<)

Today (in earlier hours) there were people complaining about the teams being unbalanced and such. I usually select random team and stay whichever colour faith decides to give me, so I don't care much about this, it is that the complaints and constant changing from losing team to spectator and from spectator to winning team are ruining text chat. I wanted to know if there are any polls available to this one map server? I guess team shuffle votes won't be extremely useful because losing team will want to shuffle, while most of winning team will vote no.

Here is an extract from my anti-team-switching logic:
1) Bad player from winning team: no need to switch here, you'll only make things worse for the other team
2) Bad player from losing team: if you want to learn to play, stand and fight. If you are here for sightseeing, switch teams to watch how other players score in front of your eyes. Changing to the other team will make autobalance send one of the better players to take your place, soon you will encounter great resistance from your ex-teammates and you will feel powerless once again.
3) Good player from winning team: you are the only type of player allowed to change teams, but it is all based on your subjective perception of justice and asserting your own strength and that of the whole teams.
4) Good player from losing team: what do you think you are doing? Are you just going to leave your comrades like that? Good players meet challenges head-on, if you are thinking about running away you probably aren't a good player at all and you should refer to 2)

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2009 02:15 
Crunchy Nut

I usually select Team that dont have the point 3 :)
It's more Action then.
I cant choose from my friend list...se the Pic :/
hmm.... which team can i take.... let's se where i have my friends :D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009 12:57 
(>Nutter<)

Both Teams are on your friends list Cleaner I see your point :) I think that game would be a long one...was it?

I lost 3 games in a row the other day..worst still against Sponge ;) and we know how he loves to rub it in lol.

I wont become a better player if I dont get my arse kicked, playing against the odds is very good training. Losing three in a row was too much for me however, and i was miffed. The only bonus was i dominated Jay, which is usually the other way around.

As Lazy does take so long I think the rounds should be reduced to ONE. So that the teams scramble after each win.

Its the noobs that fuck the teams up. The team with the most nutters wins...nuff said :)

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009 15:34 
(>Nutter<)

Yeah I think there should be a command that lets people vote yes or no for team shuggle, !votescramble. A 70/30 ratio should be fine.

If you say "plz" because it is shorter than please, then I'll say "no" because it is shorter than yes.

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009 15:45 
No Nut

Quote:
As Lazy does take so long I think the rounds should be reduced to ONE. So that the teams scramble after each win.

Its the noobs that fuck the teams up. The team with the most nutters wins...nuff said
couldn't agree more

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2009 19:53 
(>Nutter<)

Agree also. :)

It is good practice to be on a bad team, but after a couple of huge loses it becoms annoying.

A really good evening is generally, I find, a close battle. The only problem with that is, there is not often a win. But that doesn't bother me as the game normally has some great moments anyway. And after all it's not all about winning :) ;) 8-)

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2009 20:52 
(>Nutter<)

Time to bump this, more and more often people join the winning team making it incredibly stacked versus the losing team.

Please get a voteshuffle in there. This pathetic teamstacking has to stop.

If you say "plz" because it is shorter than please, then I'll say "no" because it is shorter than yes.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2009 15:38 
Crunchy Nut

Sounds good to me, vote shuffle seems fine, since im not really bothered what team i get put on.

“If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience.”
-George Bernard Shaw

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2009 18:14 
Whole Nut

yes I really agree sometimes teams are so unbalanced... and a serious scramble can change things... Because we all love lazytown when we have to fight hard to capture all the points : that means sometimes we manage to arrive at point 5 and then quickly the other team wakes up and pushes us to point 3. That's all the point of lazy : hours and hours of hard fight.
And when there are all the usual players on the same team, its not that funny. So yes a vote to scramble teams can be a good thing .

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2009 12:01 
Crunchy Nut

We need scramble x 3 times before we start
only one scramble some times not so big difference. :roll:

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2009 18:06 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
We need scramble x 3 times before we start
only one scramble some times not so big difference. :roll:
Yes, I've noticed this before.