It is currently 23 Feb 2019 17:40

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008 00:11 
Whole Nut

I see the forum is growing and splitting into additional categories here. :)

Ok, to business. I have a few dormant servers that could do with some alternate ideas for maps. Now before you get excited, you can rule out a lazytown #2. It just doesn't work, you just empty both servers and totally water it down. Orange_X seems to have a bit of a following and whilst not as busy as I would like it auto-fills on an evening much as our lazytown does.

Floodzone 2 holds its own, Floodzone3x5 is a dead duck. Old TFC maps and everything I've tried, no go. I have plenty of 2forts which tend to populate, dusty less so other than my stock 02 map.

The conditions are 24 players minimum and 32 players maximum. Current server list is here :- http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53041

Forget 2v2 and 6v6 stuff, I have this covered elsewhere, I'm looking for ideas for maps that the public would love to play.

Best suggestion and the one that works gets a beer from me.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008 02:07 
Pea Nut

Also to keep in mine is download size, some custom maps a ball aching big :shock:

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2009 10:36 
(>Nutter<)

I have one that is perfect (in my opinion) its only small, one room lol.

Took me a while to find it as i forgot the name. It may be too small ? and its a duel?

dm_duel_v1

I allways wondered if a small map like this could be used as a "decieder" map when lazy battlles have gone on for hours. Some weekday nights when its around 12.30am the game is won by the team who has the most players staying up late. I think a small map like this could be used on a time limit, at around midnight to deciede the winning team? However this whole idea wont work as the teams will be mixed when it loads ? doh!

If you wanna try the map i can email it to you Parva or place it as a download on the website :)..in the Server Stuff section.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2009 21:51 
Whole Nut

I've got a large catalogue of dm maps that I can load at any time but as you said, the biggest problem is retaining the teams.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009 15:49 
Crunchy Nut

When we have played for hours and want a winner maybe Parva can activate the sudden death mode? no map change needed..

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009 17:39 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
When we have played for hours and want a winner maybe Parva can activate the sudden death mode? no map change needed..
Melee-only sudden death! And omg with the Benny Hill music.

If you say "plz" because it is shorter than please, then I'll say "no" because it is shorter than yes.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009 17:55 
Crunchy Nut

Sudden death dosen't need to be melee only? i'm sure i have played sudden death with rocket launcher..

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009 19:34 
Crunchy Nut

Quote:
Sudden death dosen't need to be melee only? i'm sure i have played sudden death with rocket launcher..
It's fun with melee only :D

I agree, sometimes the nights with unfair teams just gets too long and noone wins, I like it when there is a scramble.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009 19:37 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
Quote:
It's fun with melee only :D

I agree, sometimes the nights with unfair teams just gets too long and noone wins, I like it when there is a scramble.
If the teams are unfair, wouldnt that mean one team would steamroll the other? :p

If you say "plz" because it is shorter than please, then I'll say "no" because it is shorter than yes.