It is currently 16 Jul 2019 02:54

All times are UTC

What do you think is a suitable Engineer class limit?
Zero 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
One 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Two 36%  36%  [ 8 ]
Three 36%  36%  [ 8 ]
Four 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No Limit 27%  27%  [ 6 ]
Total votes: 22
 Post subject: Purge the Engineers
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014 00:22 
Crunchy Nut

You know how there are sniper free Wednesdays? Can't we have engineer free every other days?

My actual suggestion is to reduce the class limit on Engineers from 3 to 2. I've noticed that there are some (not all) games recently that are starting to feel very Fragmaster-ish with multiple engineers set up in nests or overly defensive positions. Combine this with the use of items such as the wrangler or short circuit, and you are quite literally looking at a formation that cannot be destroyed with even an uber.

One less slot would make no difference in a majority of games, it would just provide a little less resource for players who want to turtle up and have the game stagnate.

Post subject: Re: Purge the Engineers
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014 00:27 
Pea Nut

I think changing from 3 to 2 is a fair change to the class limit for engineers. I would like no more than 0-1 engies per game but when you get over 9 players 2 engies is fair enough.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014 03:27 
Whole Nut

***POOF*** It is done. Shhhhh, wasn't me.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014 05:31 
(>Nutter<)

Server is nearly dead, make it even less attractive to new players by reducing choice. Well done! :roll:

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014 08:41 
(>Nutter<)

The class limit will effect players choosing engie to help others build quickly. :(

I think one night without engie is fine, something new. :D

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014 10:13 
(>Nutter<)

Good point Daz. Also when the server is full and you'r-e pushing points 4 & 5, 3 engis is ideal.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014 11:12 
(>Nutter<)

Most important class on lazytown are engie and medic.

If server is full you need minimum 2 engie maximum 3.

We need teleporters........

We need engies, i dont understand this topic at all.

Engie less day? If you do that im out.... Its ridiculous.....

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014 11:17 
(>Nutter<)

If you cant get past the engies, change to medic and help ubering.

2 double uber demos and all the stuff is all gone, very simple!

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014 12:24 
Whole Nut

Quote:
My actual suggestion is to reduce the class limit on Engineers from 3 to 2. I've noticed that there are some (not all) games recently that are starting to feel very Fragmaster-ish with multiple engineers set up in nests or overly defensive positions. Combine this with the use of items such as the wrangler or short circuit, and you are quite literally looking at a formation that cannot be destroyed with even an uber.
If you have a 2 engie limit, it makes it almost impossible to change class to unsap or upgrade teleports at spawn.

If the problem is with the short circuit and the wrangler, then why not blacklist them so they can't be used, rather than reduce the number of engies.

As JJ says, the server is underpopulated even late evening now, and more restrictive class limits will only tend to put off players who might otherwise join.

At times when I play, it is not unknown to have nobody wanting to play engie, and the game just ends up being an endless walking fest for most classes, except for sollies and demos who can jump their way forward quickly.

Having class limits may also deter new players in that class from playing it, as they may feel they are not good enough to support the team. There is a big difference between being 1 noob out of 3 playing a class compared to 1 noob out of 2 playing a particular class.

I would favour removing the class limits completely for a night or two a week (yes, even sniper - I almost feel dirty saying that lol), and see if the occupancy picks up a bit.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014 12:36 
Whole Nut

wow, once again people contribute by making suggestions and once again they get shot down

oh and server is struggling because it shouldnt be up to the minority to spam invites out to fill it up. saturday was a good example of how it should be every night(and it used to be)

i think 2 is more than enough for engineer but let the community speak but dont bother if you dont actually play on the server

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014 12:42 
Whole Nut

Hey I thought Parva jumped off Multiplay?? :? :roll:

Reducing it to 2 engineers though? Jesus. Another reason for us to play on FM. Isn't it enough that people don't wanna play on Multiplay because of the silly Sniper limit?
Way to kill a server Parv! :nuts:

Sentries are supposed to be hard to destroy - thats why they introduced the wrangler and short circuit.

Oh and Jace, "i think 2 is more than enough for engineer but let the community speak but dont bother if you dont actually play on the server" we're all here playing on the server so whatcha on about? :roll:

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014 12:46 
Whole Nut

lol

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014 12:52 
Whole Nut

i'm sure the server stats would say otherwise ;p

but whatever, because suddenly after 7 years its a big issue ;p

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014 13:05 
Whole Nut

So just because I don't play Lazytown everyday, I don't count as someone who plays on the server? Okay, seems legit. :?

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2014 13:10 
Whole Nut

Quote:
wow, once again people contribute by making suggestions and once again they get shot down
I'm not shooting anybody down. I thought this was supposed to be a discussion, and I put forward some reasons why I thought it would be a bad idea and possible alternatives.

At least what I said contributes to the discussion, even if you disagree with what I said. You haven't posted anything in this thread which is actually relevant to the discussion.
Quote:
i think 2 is more than enough for engineer but let the community speak but dont bother if you dont actually play on the server
Last I checked, I was still part of this community, even if I don't play on the server as often as I used to, unless what you really mean is "don't say anything unless you agree with me"