It is currently 16 Feb 2019 04:13

All times are UTC

Get rid of Sniper free Wednesday?
Yes 58%  58%  [ 14 ]
No 42%  42%  [ 10 ]
Total votes: 24
PostPosted: 03 Sep 2014 23:16 
Crunchy Nut

Pretty simple, do you think Sniper free Wednesday should still happen? The game tonight was pretty poor - seemed like so much extra spam without those sniper slots. Server didn't fill up until 10ish and as soon as a problem came up people were happy to leave quickly too, so by 11:30 (or earlier) the server had practically emptied.

It seems that no-sniper night actively discourages people from playing here, so what's the point of it?

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014 05:49 
(>Nutter<)

tbh i can't vote. I'm undecided. I am against it as it ruins the balance of the game, especially on lazy. However, I understand the relief it gives those who hate snipers so much.

We don't get a spy free night do we? They are the biggest annoyance for me. But, they are part of the game, as is sniper.

What concerns me more is that there was a number of new players on last night. I don't know what classes they wanted to play, but if they couldn't play the one they wanted then I doubt they will add the server to their favourites.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014 08:37 
(>Nutter<)

Its not about the sniper slot. Its just not always full the whole evening and night on lazytown.

Only 2 slots, that wont make 30 people not join i think.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014 11:30 
Crunchy Nut

Quote:
What concerns me more is that there was a number of new players on last night. I don't know what classes they wanted to play, but if they couldn't play the one they wanted then I doubt they will add the server to their favourites.
On multiple occasions I have seen people asking about the sniper slot on a Wednesday, and sometimes people just leave. Even happens with the scout slot a bit, though I do think one scout works quite well.

It's not just new players though, I think even regulars are less inclined to join on Wednesday nights - at least, less likely to get online early.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014 12:52 
Whole Nut

I agree with JJ. Snipers are a part of the game, and since it's a 2 limit on them, they don't harm that much anyway. And new players who wants to play Sniper but can't will likely not come back.

I know it's been a part of the server for years, but maybe it's time to change old habits?
I think it's time to remove no-sniper-wednesday, I will happily play another class than Sniper, but there's so much spam when we don't have snipers - like yesterday, was crazy.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014 15:13 
(>Nutter<)

I think its more down to "Hoggin" the slots. Certain players get a Sniper slot and stay there ALL night not giving any other players chance. Yes I do occasionally go Sniper but soon get bored due to it is the one class that just sits back with little chance of been killed. Even spy's seldom bother attacking the snipers these days.

Dazmond "Should I go sniper"

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014 15:41 
Whole Nut

In some ways, I think the sniper limit of 2 may be counter productive. If you manage to get a slot, it makes you less likely to want to change class to something else, as you know you are unlikely to get it back again. Thus later in the evening, we still get two snipers when it is 7 vs 7.

We could always remove the sniper free night, and make it a soldier free night. All that rocket spam and sollies flying around is quite annoying :P

As has been said, the game is balanced so that all classes are required. Removal of one class leads to a proliferation of their main target. Hence on wednesdays, we often get lots of heavies, which are then only controlled by the spies.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014 15:56 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
In some ways, I think the sniper limit of 2 may be counter productive. If you manage to get a slot, it makes you less likely to want to change class to something else, as you know you are unlikely to get it back again. Thus later in the evening, we still get two snipers when it is 7 vs 7.

We could always remove the sniper free night, and make it a soldier free night. All that rocket spam and sollies flying around is quite annoying :P

As has been said, the game is balanced so that all classes are required. Removal of one class leads to a proliferation of their main target. Hence on wednesdays, we often get lots of heavies, which are then only controlled by the spies.
Lets change it to a solly free night :D
Edit: i like the idea when there are 9 players or less, only one sniper can get a slot.

You said someone dont wanna change, because slot is full..... Thats called a big fat sniper whore...

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014 20:31 
(>Nutter<)

I think leave it sniper free on wednesdays because we have so many Nutters that hate snipers.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2014 22:43 
Crunchy Nut

Everyone loves picking on me because I play soldier. I'd happily try a soldier free night - though I don't know if we want any less classes able to deal with engi nonsense!

Removing any class will cause an imbalance in some way.

Just because some people hate Snipers, is it a good reason to ban them one night a week? I can't stand engineers (and I have made suggestions regarding that) but I never asked for them to be banned for any duration.

Snipers have both a reduced class limit and a night where they can't be played, both of which have put of new players in the past... so which do we want? To keep people coming on the server, or to appease the people that hate snipers?

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014 00:00 
(>Nutter<)

About the soldier, its a joke, dont stress :)

Do you know many people who have a problem with sniper off wednesday?

Do they know this forum? Because i see many click on yes, but no responses below.

I dont really care if it was on or off on wednesday. I also think that there are more classes to play for the snipers.

Also purple joins on wednesday.

Do you play sniper balls? Or do you hear other people " complain " about it?

See you soon @ lazytown!

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014 02:17 
Crunchy Nut

After last night when everyone left pretty early, the people who remained were saying they don't see the point of it and I agree. I don't really play sniper at all. I think most of the people online know about this forum, but there was one guy that left yesterday when he found sniper was disabled too.

Yeah, it's cool you guys just messing - I get that! But I just wanted to make it clear that it's not about which classes I play or dislike!

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014 05:37 
(>Nutter<)

Everyone has a class they dislike the most. It's a shame such an issue has to be made about it and so often. I know I can be as bad, but we need to stop the moaning and get on and have some fun.
On this note and for this reason I'm gonna vote yes. Because, why pick on one class because it annoys you? We all have different reasons to hate different classes, so why not leave things alone.
Also, when sniper free Wednesday was introduced there was more nutters around. That certainly isn't the case now, especially not on a regular basis anyway.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014 12:14 
(>Nutter<)

Last night was a Typical Sniper hogging example 3 out of the four snipers slots where the same person from start to finish.

EVEN Dazmond swaps to Heavy on occasions And he's retired

Dazmond "Should I go sniper"

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2014 13:00 
(>Nutter<)

If i wanna play sniper i just ask.

5 minutes later i quit being sniper :D