It is currently 23 Apr 2019 03:10

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Disable random crits for Lazytown?
Random crits are for noobs 30%  30%  [ 17 ]
I love a lucky shot 70%  70%  [ 39 ]
Total votes: 56
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2009 18:11 
Crunchy Nut

I love crits.... all it takes is one lucky pineapple lobbed into the right place and the screen can light up yellow with all the kills....immensely satistfying :)

Also a few patches ago they changed the sticky damages and chance of crits, so I reckon it's better to shoot and pop individually to get the chance multiplier (kind of like charging your chance for a crit)...at least that's what I'm trying now to get more crits...

PostPosted: 20 May 2009 00:00 
(>Nutter<)

I hate your stickies Quasi, you keep firing them into my shoes.

+Sponge+ stickies he rams up my beep!

BOOOOOM! :evil:

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010 06:16 
Pea Nut

I must say crits are an integral part of the TF2 game and as such they really should be kept but here is an idea.....

Have one night a week dedicated to random cits for a random class.....

Just a thought

Profile | Backpack | Repthread

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010 18:38 
(>Nutter<)

You wanna try Wireplay.co.uk TF2 <09> cp_orange_x3_t 24/7 [100% Crits]!

100 crits all the time :o Dazman would love it, a snipers dream, 100 crit with every body shot :lol: :Rifle:

Shame really cause they've ruined a great map.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010 18:50 
Pea Nut

I'd say crits are important to keep the game somewhat fluid.
When both team are solidly entrenched, with good medic support and overheal, the random crits are one of the only way to actually kill someone and maybe break the stalemate.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010 20:09 
(>Nutter<)

Random crit can kill 1 player.
A lucky random crit can kill 2 players.
Two lucky random crits can kill 4 players*

What about the other 12? Hardly a broken stalemate if you ask me.
I support crits, they make feel good when faith intervenes to strike with sparkling justice and I hate it when I get killed by a lucky noob

( * I love it when it happens while the medic has 95% kritzkrieg, enough time to reload and rain hell upon the enemy)

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010 20:23 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
When both team are solidly entrenched, with good medic support and overheal, the random crits are one of the only way to actually kill someone and maybe break the stalemate.
Yeah and thats where tactics come into play. You know, people actually having to work together, communicate and set up a decent attack?

If you say "plz" because it is shorter than please, then I'll say "no" because it is shorter than yes.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010 22:11 
(>Nutter<)

If crits are luck based, and luck is also part of real world dynamics. Then thats good :)

I think the world would be boring without luck and so would a game be boring without crits.

If a noob kills me with a lucky crit its not a problem for me. Because I can get them too.

Would be cool to try a night without crits. Are all clan matches critless?

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010 22:12 
Crunchy Nut

Yeah, crits are off in clanmatches. You can still get them with the Crit-A-Cola, Jarate, Kritzkrieg, Buff Banner, Airblast reflect-shots, etc. though.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010 22:25 
Whole Nut

I too voted random crits on, much prefer it. Now can we vote that certain people are banished from playing sniper, EVER? :P

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2010 22:33 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
I too voted random crits on, much prefer it. Now can we vote that certain people are banished from playing sniper, EVER? :P
Thankfully for me Im usually heavy or medic :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2010 06:34 
(>Nutter<)

I think this persecution of the poor Sniper has gone on long enough. Poor old Dazman is bullied and abused, so much that he has had to take the role of the Scout. Running around like that is just no good at his age. :)

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2010 07:39 
Pea Nut

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah and thats where tactics come into play. You know, people actually having to work together, communicate and set up a decent attack?
Oh yeah it's great when it happens.

But this is a public server with random people joining and quitting all the time, playing whatever class they want. ;)

Sometimes it's really great, really nice team, and other times it's difficult to get proper engy and medic support. Game can become quite frustrating at that point if you need other people to have fun.

General comment, not at all against you, but every gameplay imbalance can be explained away with the "moar teamplay" card. Requiring too much teamplay from pub servers doesn't work really well in my experience.

When I play TF2 I usually prefer fluid games to stalemates, so I prefer gameplay balance tweaked to limit formation of deadlocks. Like 2 snipers slots, 4 demo max, and now maybe limiting number of engies (cause wall of wrangled sentry is >> uber).

Just my point of view. :)

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2010 16:46 
(>Nutter<)

Yeah but to be fair, server 07 is a bit more than your average public server.

If you say "plz" because it is shorter than please, then I'll say "no" because it is shorter than yes.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2010 07:50 
Pea Nut

Definitely better, otherwise you wouldn't see me. :)

Still, I commonly see games were a team has critical flaws in class balance, and get steamrolled. Like, heh, yesterday. :D

btw, is there a post somewhere with the "ideal" balance for Lazy? Something recent obviously, to account for gameplay updates.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next