It is currently 23 Apr 2019 02:55

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

Delete or Keep?
Poll ended at 23 Sep 2012 22:07
Delete 67%  67%  [ 10 ]
Keep 33%  33%  [ 5 ]
Total votes: 15
PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012 04:32 
Whole Nut

Typical, JJ found the solution that I had thought of as I was just reading through this thread. :( I was about to say that I only read the 1st post from him and voted 'delete' but it then dawned on me that that would be harsh. I do however feel that it is also unfair that anyone can register and then gain access to all of our photo's and whatnot without so much as a word and unscrupulous people could use this info against anyone they took a dislike to on the server. It was at this point that I figured that restricting what they can see until they at least post would be a good idea.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012 17:34 
Crunchy Nut

As a now ex-ZPM i must admit i'd feel happier posting more private stuff (pics etc) on a more secure forum. Anyways hello from Joker!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012 17:41 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
As a now ex-ZPM i must admit i'd feel happier posting more private stuff (pics etc) on a more secure forum. Anyways hello from Joker!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad you feel that way :) morngy my arse :twisted: :lol:

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012 19:52 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
If I correctly understanding your idea, I think, after start of this new rule you'll greatly reduce inflow of new members and Nutters will become closed elitist community which is doomed to death without fresh blood. This is a dead end road.
This is what I meant as well.
I don't think there is much to be read without logging in. We could probably move some threads to the open forums as there is much game content that is offlimits for unregistered players because it is in the same section as some private stuff and the whole section has been "classified".
Or we could make only 1 section that is private and move all the stuff there. Why should your private data be all over the place and mark its surrounding topics as "private data"??? :lol:
And what exactly do you refer to? If you expect people to introduce themselves with photos included you should keep photos thread open ... or you don't want that?

I am getting confused. I demand a drawn flowchart of how you imagine the path of a new user to the point of having access to everything.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012 22:59 
(>Nutter<)

Just for you Itzkin poor JJ has been up all night making you a flowchart.

Dazmond "Should I go sniper"

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2012 23:34 
Whole Nut

The "I'm all alone here" thread is the one thing that I would suggest that new users are restricted from seeing until either reaching a specific post count or approval from several members. Oh and probably the Liverpool meet thread. Basically, any thread that is full of pictures and details of users here, there should only be a couple? Make a new 'Private' forum and move these there where members only get access later and create an "I am new" topic where we can all repost who we are (without incriminating details) and where we point new users and evaluate whether they are worthy?

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2012 01:55 
Crunchy Nut

Quote:
Just for you Itzkin poor JJ has been up all night making you a flowchart.
:rofl: I just imagined this situation in reality.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2012 02:42 
Crunchy Nut

Forgive me, but I think you guys and girls a bit paranoid about your private data :) The system you propose to introduce is a nonsence. The basic registration in all times and in all public places was first and only procedure to gain acces to closed data. There is so much questions about realisation of this system. For example, how will new members know about this new benefit after they got access to restricted inner area?

If you want more security from occasional people maybe better introduce more complex procedure of registration? Like getting approval from other members before registration?

But anyway I think this both ways are wrong. The best is the enemy of good.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2012 10:55 
(>Nutter<)

I like parva's idea- make a private section ,move 2-3 threads there, make it visible for people with 50 posts or more. Doesn't really have to have that much inside so no big fuss about it around newbies.
Also a more private subsection in the private section for people with at least 1913 posts that contains the nutters nude calendar. I've talked with mamba, ishiko, em and zoey and they all agree as long as it isn't open to public ;)

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2012 11:57 
Crunchy Nut

50 posts you said? Ok.
Bye-bye:
Dog 14 Nov 2008 48 posts
warriorrr 24 Feb 2009 48 posts
KLYL 22 Nov 2011 38 posts
Youngst*r 30 Jul 2011 31 posts
Kingpin 07 Mar 2009 23 posts
(SC)Jace 04 Sep 2010 19 posts
Capt_Carrot 03 Aug 2009 12 posts
Veenstra_69 30 Aug 2011 12 posts (yeah, Veen, you'll have a lot of work :twisted: )
Alienketchup 06 Nov 2011 10 posts
Vlad 11 Mar 2010 10 posts
Noor [outcast] 06 Aug 2012 2 posts
Zoey 19 Mar 2012 1 posts
Schnitzel, soft? 13 May 2012 1 posts

This is only list of persons which I know and have play with them regulary as all of you (just check up "Members" link for more people). This is hq-players and trusted nutters. So you want to kick them off from the most exciting parts of nutters nest? The main conclusion is the good nutter isn't necessarily have a lot of posts here. That's why I think your solution wouldn't work.

Anyway there is always path to walkaround this limitation. Just send 50 pointless replies in topics like "Stupid videos" or "Sounds" and welcome to elite club :?

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2012 12:52 
Crunchy Nut

Quote:
I like parva's idea- make a private section ,move 2-3 threads there, make it visible for people with 50 posts or more.
*goes to post more replies* :D jokes

and I agree with what Mother Tereza says :P

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2012 16:58 
(>Nutter<)

:rofl: I don't think he actually meant 50 :lol:

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2012 19:15 
(>Nutter<)

for once I have little opinion either way.. seems theres merit behind points for and against. Most seem common sense and out of mutual respect for eachother, which on the whole I think we all get right 99.9% of the time. Some members dont post for long periods of time then reappear out of the blue.. Like [spud] for instance who was on MP07 last night. Many of you wont know who he is as he hasn't been on for 3 years! and was nice to see him back. That's the thing about this group, because there is such a diversity of character and always a friendly atmosphere our numbers remain consistent and people come and go... and usually come back.. even after long periods. So I agree to delete posts if members are away and not coming back... but who knows if they will or wont? Old posts from members are sometimes worth a revisit too.. and if you want to be sentimental are part of our history. :)

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2012 21:19 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
:rofl: I don't think he actually meant 50 :lol:
So what did he mean ?????? 49 ????? 51 ??????????

Dazmond "Should I go sniper"

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2012 21:54 
(>Nutter<)

Alright, then how about the admins decide who gets access and who doesn't. I'm pretty sure we know most people.

Or if that's not good enough for you, how about we use a vouch-system.

If you say "plz" because it is shorter than please, then I'll say "no" because it is shorter than yes.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next