It is currently 19 Apr 2019 00:58

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next

Delete or Keep?
Poll ended at 23 Sep 2012 22:07
Delete 67%  67%  [ 10 ]
Keep 33%  33%  [ 5 ]
Total votes: 15
 Post subject: Zero Post Members (ZPMs)
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2012 22:07 
(>Nutter<)

I think we should delete all the members that haven't posted.

Then set the forum up so that they need to introduce themselves before they are granted full access.

What do you all think?

The poll is set for one week. I think most regulars will have visited in that time for a fair result :)

:cheers: :Gun Jamming:

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2012 22:28 
(>Nutter<)

I think that's a bit Harsh JJ it has never been mentioned before. If you want to run something like this I think it needs to be at least a months Notice PLUS it Needs putting on the front Page for all to see. (I have not voted till I see some feedback from this post)

Dazmond "Should I go sniper"

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2012 23:14 
(>Nutter<)

Why dont you delete the whole site, saves a lot of space, start all over again :?:

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2012 23:56 
Pea Nut

What is the reasoning for removing those members? Do we have a member limit to adhere to?

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2012 00:55 
Crunchy Nut

For what reason you want to do it, JJ? I'm agree with Mary.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2012 01:24 
(>Nutter<)

Ah, but why keep the no-posters as registered users in the first place?

They got access to all the somewhat personal photos in the various threads, including all of the pics from the nutter meet-up.

In hindsight we probably should have set up a usergroup for trusted and/or known players so they would have access to such threads and/or subforums.

But again, if the forum or people are not important enough to even say hi to, what's the point of keeping the account.

If you say "plz" because it is shorter than please, then I'll say "no" because it is shorter than yes.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2012 05:33 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
For what reason you want to do it, JJ? I'm agree with Mary.
Quote:
Ah, but why keep the no-posters as registered users in the first place?

They got access to all the somewhat personal photos in the various threads, including all of the pics from the nutter meet-up.

In hindsight we probably should have set up a usergroup for trusted and/or known players so they would have access to such threads and/or subforums.

But again, if the forum or people are not important enough to even say hi to, what's the point of keeping the account.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2012 11:07 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:

Personal photo's? Why do you put ''personal'' photo's on the internet? Then you cannot say its personal...

Dont make it a bigger deal then it is. :idea:

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2012 11:33 
(>Nutter<)

Veen can you stop trying to pick a fight over everything.

If you say "plz" because it is shorter than please, then I'll say "no" because it is shorter than yes.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2012 16:29 
Whole Nut

Yeah, there's really no point to keep people who has never posted anything or people who has only posted 1-2 things but haven't been online for 1-2 years.

It doesn't really take any space or so, but why keep unnecessary people who might aswell turn out to be creepy stalkers or murderes! :?

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2012 16:37 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
Yeah, there's really no point to keep people who has never posted anything or people who has only posted 1-2 things but haven't been online for 1-2 years.

It doesn't really take any space or so, but why keep unnecessary people who might aswell turn out to be creepy stalkers or murderes! :?
HAhahaha, you watch tomuch movies Emelie. You just need a big gun :P

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2012 16:38 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
Veen can you stop trying to pick a fight over everything.
You get me all wrong. Please answer my question: If you put photo's online, how can you call that personal???

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2012 16:46 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:

You get me all wrong. Please answer my question: If you put photo's online, how can you call that personal???
Because it is for the benefit for us as a group of friends, not everyone. Only registered people can see it, but anyone can register.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2012 17:32 
(>Nutter<)

Some forums have the option to auto-cleanse themselves from inactive users.
I agree that registrations without a single post older that 1 year should be cleared and even that sounds like a long time to make a single post in a forum.
I do not think that we should delete users or posts of users that have posted only 1 or 2 posts. It is a little, but it is there.

I don't like the idea of having a screening process like what JJ suggested OR having more secretive subforum. Our community is elitist enough as it is. :)

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2012 17:46 
Crunchy Nut

If you going to change the rules you should warn all registered people about this procedure. Because when you're registering here there is no special rules about required amount of activity for all members of this community. The best way for this is email notification. And second thing is create clear rules for all new members and put this rules on a prominent place. I'm agree with Itzkin there is no need for screening this forum for outer world.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next