It is currently 23 Feb 2019 17:34

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: Appeal to Nutters!
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013 06:39 
(>Nutter<)

I think you worry and take it all too personally Parva, no one has done as much to try and please everyone. I think 07 forces people to make choices and that doesn't suit everybody. Remember, Fragmasters is full of kids who play after school, it's not the community that is 07. Also, there have been a number of attempts to create new Lazytowm severs and all of these have totally failed. There are only two Lazy servers. 07 has lost players, yes, but they haven't left to join other TF2 servers.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013 10:01 
(>Nutter<)

I don't think anyone is seriously trying to take your crown away Parva and if 07 was a problem then we wouldn't all keep coming back would we, especially if there are other Lazytown servers available. I too feel that you take this a little too seriously and too personally as comments made are lighthearted and not out of hatred as you suggest. No one is going to play on 07 if they hate it. And regarding the NUTTER 'community server', the intent is exactly that, for use by the community and not what you obviously think. We dont care if it's full or not or who plays what on it. FYI it was set up on the backlash of Fragmasters server being unmanaged with people sitting in spawn and having no admins around and nothing to do with MP07 or you! As I said previously FM have sorted themselves out and the 'Lazytown community' is still strong regardless of where they might play. Personally I think one area I feel you keep tripping on is that this is a Lazytown community not a Multiplay community. Always has been and always will be whether MP run the map or not. We are fans of the MAP, end of story.

The issue is straightforward, 07 just doesn't have the popularity it used to have but the reason/s for this seems unknown or at least not proved. One thing I do think puts new players off is the way they are sometimes treated on 07. While some older members can generally say and do what they want, new players find themselves target for abuse and impatience. Some comments already made in this thread suggest some people here don't like new players (noobs) and don't cope well with change. While that mentality and attitude exists then 07 will lose as many new players as it attracts. I've seen proof of that plenty of times and I'm sure there's people here that have seen this too. I've got plenty of friends that are old GTFO regulars and new friends I've made at Fragmasters that don't play on 07, unless they have 'friends' playing on there already.

While so many moan about FM or any other server for that matter (GTFO got the same abuse before that) they don't realise that playing on other servers means you make more FRIENDS that enjoy the same map and those friends join you when they see you playing online, regardless of what 'server' you're playing are on. How often do you send invites out to fill the server?

If you want to try fill up 07 try joining other Lazytown servers and make some friends, be patient with noobs (I don't always find it easy I'll be honest) and quit with the bullshit Multiplay allegiance thing i.e. refusing to play anywhere else. If people continue to treat new players like shit, moan constantly, contribute nothing other than complaints, make no effort to bring new players in and aren't willing to change anything in an effort to improve the situation then good luck.

Personally and I've said it 100 times, I don't give a shit what server I play on and never have. I play on the servers that my friends play on like so many others and if I've got more friends playing on other server then that's where I go.

At the end of the day Parva, you are the Multiplay Community Rep so filling the Multiplay servers that you're responsible for is your responsibility. We do help you already by bringing new players to 'your' server, running a forum and website, organizing competitions, arranged games against other Lazytown teams in the past, post links to this forum in youtube vids, send out game invites regularly, post in the Steam Community group, announce events, build fresh lazytown maps that you don't even bother to try and spend more time on your server than you do so please don't make out that you DO IT ALL because in reality that's far from the truth. We all know who makes an effort and those that do little other than complain but we don't take names and frankly dont care. At least you do do something which I wish I could say was the same for others.

My personal gripe...
More commonly these days though, you turn up for an hour a few nights a week to play but moan when you're playing, moan on the forum, moan at players, moan when anyone says they have a problem and moan when people ask for change. Considering you're an admin you might want to reconsider not changing maps without a vote, scrambling teams teams without asking anyone, restarting the server when a team is about to take the last cap and ragequitting when your losing as I imagine a few don't respect that kind of attitude. If you want to help yourself and the community DO SOMETHING and contribute some positivity. In short, cheer the fuck up a bit, we are your friends and above all remember it's a GAME ;) Not much more I can say. I'm far from perfect but at least I'm honest.

happy bunnies...
We are all friends here after all. None of us want so see 07 be any less popular than it is. I appreciate what you do and have done over the years as I expect do most and I for one appreciate the support not only for the server but for many other things.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013 12:52 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
there have been a number of attempts to create new Lazytowm severs and all of these have totally failed.
Um nope - Fragmasters hasn't failed in fact the total opposite and GTFO was busier far more often than MP07. MP07 struggles to fill up at all during the week and rarely for more than an hour - hardly something to shout about ;) If it wasn't for us lot playing there it would be and is empty.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013 13:22 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
My personal gripe...
More commonly these days though, you turn up for an hour a few nights a week to play but moan when you're playing, moan on the forum, moan at players, moan when anyone says they have a problem and moan when people ask for change. Considering you're an admin you might want to reconsider not changing maps without a vote, scrambling teams teams without asking anyone, restarting the server when a team is about to take the last cap and ragequitting when your losing as I imagine a few don't respect that kind of attitude. If you want to help yourself and the community DO SOMETHING and contribute some positivity. In short, cheer the fuck up a bit, we are your friends and above all remember it's a GAME ;) Not much more I can say. I'm far from perfect but at least I'm honest.
Like the post just tend to disagree with the bit above. I consider Parva "Over tolerant" Take one small change. The afk time-out change. Nutters complained it was too short so Parva made it longer. Now Nutters say its too long. Dont think you will get a lot of support from Nutters having a go at "God" :evil: :evil: :evil:

Dazmond "Should I go sniper"

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013 13:29 
(>Nutter<)

Maybe if we had no limits on scouts, the sniper whores would be culled (murdered often) balancing the teams naturally until full teams.

I will try that server Parva I dont want any admin, if you give me admin I will kick you haha. :lol: ..and Mary....and Joker ....and Em ...and Cel :roll:

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013 13:42 
(>Nutter<)

What why me :(

I never play anyway!

If you say "plz" because it is shorter than please, then I'll say "no" because it is shorter than yes.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013 13:51 
Whole Nut

well whatever is done,someone will moan.

Quite simply the server will not fill if no-one will join until its decently populated

I've lost track of the amount of nights we spent over the last couple of years sending out invites to try and coax people onto the server.No-one has issues with people playing elsewhere but when people are being taken off 07 is when its annoying.

as for the 'community' server it wouldn't of looked so bad if you hadn't been running the lazy_g map or 'nite' ones.

and yes,burn all the snipers :)

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013 14:10 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
Quote:
My personal gripe...
Like the post just tend to disagree with the bit above. I consider Parva "Over tolerant" Take one small change. The afk time-out change. Nutters complained it was too short so Parva made it longer. Now Nutters say its too long. Dont think you will get a lot of support from Nutters having a go at "God" :evil: :evil: :evil:
Who said it's too long? No one that I recall - I was there. It's simply because someone went afk for like 4 minutes and someone else mentioned it. If there was 'votekick' others could have kicked them but seems like something so simple isn't possible. It was Parva that moaned saying 'we couldn't make our minds up on the votekick timeout' but the reality no one complained about the timeout and if they did and have an issue with it should have posted in the forum when it was discussed and agreed. Besides Parva was on the server anyway. I think all agreed that extending the idle timeout to allow people enough time to get a drink without getting kicked was better, given that there's hardly anyone on that server anyway for idling to be an issue and even then admins usually around anyway to sort it. Ring any bells? It's the moaning and bitching that makes it less enjoyable, for me anyway.

Mountain out of a molehill. :D

..and which part don't you agree with?

This is a 'game' isn't it? Just so I understand that much :lol:

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013 15:14 
(>Nutter<)

:D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013 15:32 
Pea Nut

I enjoy the people and atmosphere on 07 lazytown, that's why I join the games most nights and it's also why I joined the forum.
As for people not stay on long, I don't know why, I can only assume some of the regulars need breaks from it, that's probably why I haven't seen much of eM or astroman lately.

To be honest I have to agree with a sponge about the annoying choice of team scramble when we are capping point 5.

If you want it be more balance or competitive we should host a few "highlander" type games, which I did suggest in a forum post, but I don't have server control nor enough people liking it on my thread.

I will always be up for lazy. Parva you shouldn't be so hard on yourself, the fact is the server is still going after all these years.

Last edited by BanjoGin on 14 Nov 2013 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013 16:27 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
well whatever is done,someone will moan.

Quite simply the server will not fill if no-one will join until its decently populated

I've lost track of the amount of nights we spent over the last couple of years sending out invites to try and coax people onto the server.No-one has issues with people playing elsewhere but when people are being taken off 07 is when its annoying.

as for the 'community' server it wouldn't of looked so bad if you hadn't been running the lazy_g map or 'nite' ones.

and yes,burn all the snipers :)
fair enough ;)

You've got me on the map one though Jace. Since when do do we have to ask for permission to use any TF2 map? We loaded the server with ALL the maps we play most often but regardless we stopped running lazywown G becuase you asked us to and not because we had to. What we did was no different to you guys running a copy of TF2-Traders Unusal trading map that they had built specifically for them. Consistency dude ;)
No one owns the map and no one dictates who can run it. I doubt Zeta (designer), Cel or Larky (tweaked and optimised) care who runs it either. So if they don't why do you guys?

its things like ownership, rights, control, permission, admin, we just dont need more of but less. This isn't a business and all a bit too serious and contentious for me.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013 17:06 
Crunchy Nut

WOW
I thought Parva just asked if anyone would like to help with the MP Dustbowl server :?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013 17:18 
Whole Nut

Quote:
As for people not stay on long, I don't know why, I can only assume some of the regulars need breaks from it, that's probably why I haven't seen much of eM or astroman lately.
Yeah, havent had time playing so much Lazytown lately, so many new games has been released, so mainly playing COD, BF4 and Sims atm, but won't forget about TF2 ;) but it's nice with a small break from it anyway, since I tend to stay on the server for over 4hrs each session and it just because a little bit too much at times :roll:

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013 17:47 
Whole Nut

Sponge,it was never an intention to keep that map on the unusual server,we were looking to get one made.the server is gone so its not an issue now..

anyways,lets get this back on topic

85.236.100.104:27115 Multiplay (UK) :: Public :: TF2 (02) (Dustbowl)

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2013 18:17 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
Quote:
there have been a number of attempts to create new Lazytowm severs and all of these have totally failed.
Um nope - Fragmasters hasn't failed in fact the total opposite and GTFO was busier far more often than MP07. MP07 struggles to fill up at all during the week and rarely for more than an hour - hardly something to shout about ;) If it wasn't for us lot playing there it would be and is empty.
That's why I said two?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next