It is currently 21 Feb 2019 16:53

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013 15:12 
Pea Nut

Hi everyone.

I thought it was about time I made a post of my own and one of things I'm interested, as the title suggests is that I am looking for help getting a UI / Hud for tf2. Also I m interested in any tips on how to improve my game.

I was wondering if anyone has any information and suggestions for:

- How to install a UI / HUD for tf2?
- What do you guys use and what would you recommend?
- Any tips on improving my skills.

Also let me know if this is the right place to post this.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013 16:34 
Whole Nut

To install a HUD there's usually instructions how to do it . But I guess they're all pretty much the same.

I use the Eve HUD which i have also customized a bit myself - The EVE hud contains of one folder called "eve hud" which contains more folders! (materials, resources scripts, sound) . You just paste the eve hud folder (If it's a RAR file you have to extract first) into Steam\SteamApps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\custom ... and then you'll have the HUD next time you start up TF2 :D
As I said, I think most HUDs contain the same folders, files etc. They are just built up differently :)

I love the eve HUD, it's really pretty I think, but as I said I've made some own customization. (https://code.google.com/p/eve-tf2hud/)

Here's a list for some HUDs: http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/183 ... ustom-huds

-----------------------
As for the way you play, I think you're a decent player for being so new to TF2. To be a good player I just think you need to practise alot and find your own style. Tips for being a medic though, always stay behind the one you're healing, don't run ahead and act like an attacker. There's nothing worse than a suicidal medic. Always look around, you are the spies no.1 target. If everyone in your team is dead, fall back - there's no need to go in and die. And remember that you still have a gun if you're alone or if you're being attacked and no one is helping you (lol). !!!!And always heal other medics!!!! this is something that many people don't and it's very frustrating! Try to buff everyone up, and once you got an uber , look for an attacking player that fits the situation you're in. (Usually heavy, demoman and pyro if it's a normal uber. + Soldier if it's a kritz) And rather pop the uber too early than too late. Remember, use it or lose it :D

I hope something in this make any sense :)

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013 16:35 
Whole Nut

I use rayshud (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rayshud) as I prefer all the important info a bit more central.

Others use the EVE hud (https://code.google.com/p/eve-tf2hud/).

Whichever you use can be modified (with a lot of trial and error) to what you want it to look like.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013 17:00 
(>Nutter<)

Yes you are a decent player Banjo :)

Tip for heavy if you play it: Get as close as you can to your targets, shout for medic sooner rather than later.

I think itz become a general nutter policy on uber to: fuck the sentry and kill the bastard snipers if you can, hehe. :twisted:

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013 17:24 
Pea Nut

Thanks for the posts so far guys. :D

Looks like it quite easy to add huds then, if its a matter pasteing folders into tf2 folders.
I will have to check them both out that has been suggested.

As for the medic tips from eM, I am getting better in that respect and I have learnt all of that since joining lazytown. but I do sometimes go a bit sucidial when we are pigeon hole for a while. As for running ahead when ubered, I though that was useful to get the sentry to attack the medic while the ubered target is nuking isn't it?

As for the heavy tips, I not the most confident player for getting ubers, but I'll work on it.
I will focus on players more next time :p.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013 17:40 
Whole Nut

Quote:
Thanks for the posts so far guys. :D
As for the medic tips from eM, I am getting better in that respect and I have learnt all of that since joining lazytown. but I do sometimes go a bit sucidial when we are pigeon hole for a while. As for running ahead when ubered, I though that was useful to get the sentry to attack the medic while the ubered target is nuking isn't it?
Yes, when you are ubered, run ahead when approaching a sentry, especially if you are ubering a pyro. If not ubered, stay well behind, even to the point of detaching healing if there are grenades falling between you and your healing target.

On lazy, there are lots of corners, so hide behind them, and being sniped should be a rare occurrence for a medic (as should being meleed). As eM said, make sure any other medics on your team are buffed up as a priority (unless someone else is going to die first). Remember you have one less medic to heal you than all the other non-medics in your team, so help to keep them alive. Don't heal the same person as the other medics as it slows your uber build rate (as does healing someone standing at a dispenser). Switch your healing target when they have reached full overheal, as continued healing of that person will slow uber build rate.

Decide who to heal next depending on the play style of that player and the class. If it is an attacking player who needs a heal before he/she goes out for a solo attack (jumping demo or soldier, or spy), give them a heal before a sniper who needs a heal, since they can't do a job without being healed, and the sniper can. On defence, heal the airblasting pyro, and the engie repairing the sentry under attack.

Your primary concern as a medic is to heal people, and to build up an uber, rather than going suicidal medic, and trying to pan or saw people. Without ubers, your team loses, and quickly.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013 18:37 
Crunchy Nut

Much agree with Astro regarding the medic priorities. The way I play medic is probably slightly different to others, but once you play with the same people for a while, I guess we all learn what to expect from each other's styles.

Rule 1 of medic - STAY ALIVE! (I know I break this rule sometimes - but only for a bit of fun when the situation isn't critical) ... then

Try to keep everyone topped up to base health unless someone's on fire, then over-heal priority people (active attacking/defending classes who're taking damage, other medics, etc.). I sometimes have to switch heal-targets around 2 times per second if things are 'busy'.

Be clear to you target when you're going to kritz/uber them. Problem on lazytown MP07 (and others) is all-talk, so where voice comms would be perfect in other games, it'll just let the other team prepare for the attack. You can get around this by using team-chat (maybe a key-bind that says "uber/kritz ready, prepare to go!"), or use "body language": I find that if the uber target and medic look eye-to-eye then nod, they know to be ready. Nothing worse than ubering someone who's just run out of ammo and you don't know about it.

If you're not playing medic, be aware of the medics around you that might be ready to uber you, and be ready for it.

If there's a demo/soldier/pyro deliberately hurting them self, they are doing it for a reason - to help you build your uber quicker.

Don't feel afraid/embarrassed to use defensive ubers - it might be tactically necessary to disrupt enemy ubers with your own, for example if the area you're defending doesn't have sentries built.

Because the medic spends probably 90% time building uber and healing people, I would say they need to have a much wider tactical view. Sometimes it may be necessary to abandon a near-death team-mate so you can run away/stay alive (see my "Rule 1"), or go to a different area of the map to heal another player/group if there are already other medics in your current area.

Keep an eye out for "phlog" pyros - when they get to 100% charged, taunt to activate 100% kritz for a few seconds, and get an uber as well, the results can be somewhat messy! :twisted:

Lazytown and how we play it (with all-talk on, some class limits, etc), can be quite different to other maps, so there are some tactical differences which you're bound to pick up over time.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013 18:43 
(>Nutter<)

Because of the sniper limit on mpuk 07, a very effective way of helping the team is to stand at spawn with the snipers using the Crusader's Crossbow and defend point 2. :) :roll:

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2013 20:13 
(>Nutter<)

Mr Costa said
Quote:
I think itz become a general nutter policy on uber to: fuck the sentry and kill the bastard snipers if you can, hehe.
That's down to you hoggin the sniper slots.

Dazmond "Should I go sniper"

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2013 08:55 
(>Nutter<)

This forum section might prove useful, even if a bit dusty.
http://www.lazynutters.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=20

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2013 13:55 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
Much agree with Astro regarding the medic priorities. The way I play medic is probably slightly different to others,
Agreed, ur always in the garage when we're trying to cap 2 :D
just playing medic when the team needs it is enough :cheers:

PS. Whats a 'defensive' uber? Is that the same as crapping ur pants and ubering the nearest player when things get a little hectic?

... enough of my crap.. Nice guide m8 ;)

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2013 14:19 
(>Nutter<)

I could give you some epic spy tips but then I'd have to gut you like a Cornish game hen. :D

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2013 18:39 
Crunchy Nut

Quote:
Quote:
Much agree with Astro regarding the medic priorities. The way I play medic is probably slightly different to others,
Agreed, ur always in the garage when we're trying to cap 2 :D
just playing medic when the team needs it is enough :cheers:
Not always ;) - if there's already enough medics on 2, its best not to leave garage wide-open (or vice-versa), and then watching everyone ignore the "from behind / point 1" calls...
Its all about balance... 8-)
Quote:
PS. Whats a 'defensive' uber? Is that the same as crapping ur pants and ubering the nearest player when things get a little hectic?

... enough of my crap.. Nice guide m8 ;)
Defensive uber example: enemy uber + others following attacking pt2 for example; engies haven't built-up yet; defensive pyro uber would hopefully push them alllllllll back leaving more time to fortify.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2013 18:42 
Crunchy Nut

Oh, and I'm trying out eve-hud too - looks quite good so far. :)

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2013 19:03 
Whole Nut

Quote:
I could give you some epic spy tips but then I'd have to gut you like a Cornish game hen. :D
But you are a noob spy. :D