All times are UTC

Post subject: Dear demomen
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 17:43 
(>Nutter<)

This is the basic function of fun
Attachment:
1256229824525.jpg
Signed: the better classes

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Dear demomen
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 20:47 
(>Nutter<)

+1

If you say "plz" because it is shorter than please, then I'll say "no" because it is shorter than yes.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 20:49 
(>Nutter<)

It may be controversial, but hell Itzkin, you're right! :D :shock: ;)

+2

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 21:05 
Crunchy Nut

I agree with this, the same could be applied about snipers when the limit is off.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2009 22:32 
No Nut

i agree demospam really ruins some of the fun on the server, but i really do think that if all the giant bricks in the game were made smaller so that demomen couldnt spam behind them from relative safety (especially from courtyard into cp4) they wouldn't be that big of a problem.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009 05:15 
(>Nutter<)

Now that I think of it that is also true for engies, I've played on gtfo 4 vs 4 engies on both team and nobody is there to attack.

My problem with demos is that when fully reloaded they basically have 12 pipe bombs, 8 of which explode at their own will. That wouldn't be such an issue if stickies weren't able to explode before sticking to something. The interval between explosions is so small it makes me sad a 4 rockets soldier to watch.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009 09:50 
Whole Nut

I don't agree with you on that, of course this is annoying being killed randomly by a stickies or a bomb. But this is part of the game. And demomen are made to spam, destroy sentry, and defend. So I've got nothing to complain about that. This is part of the game, this is, like Hard boiled said one of the weakness of Lazytown map. But in a way, there is no problem at all when we have good demomen players on each team.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009 10:37 
Pea Nut

The problem is not with the class. The problem is with the people playing demomen. Gotta realize lazytown has some damn fine players who know how to play the class well. Some of the Lazy town nutters really shine with the class imo. It's up to the other classes to raise the bar to counter them.
One of the great things about TF2 is ability of the game to continually challenge you. When you see domination by a certain class it forces you to adapt. I think sometimes people get into a comfort zone with games whereby you get use to playing a certain way. Although TF2 is largely a button mashing cartoon carnage fest, there is a certain amout of cerebral challenge in there. :D

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009 12:02 
Sensible Nutter

I would say that demos are more of an "annoyance" on lazy simply because of the tight tunnels and such that makes it extremely easy to just spam the only 2 places enemies can come from... Valve balances the classes mostly from how their maps work, and there simply arent any official maps with such a "stalemate" feel to it that we all love.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009 13:31 
Crunchy Nut

Quote:
The problem is not with the class. The problem is with the people playing demomen. Gotta realize lazytown has some damn fine players who know how to play the class well. Some of the Lazy town nutters really shine with the class imo. It's up to the other classes to raise the bar to counter them.
One of the great things about TF2 is ability of the game to continually challenge you. When you see domination by a certain class it forces you to adapt. I think sometimes people get into a comfort zone with games whereby you get use to playing a certain way. Although TF2 is largely a button mashing cartoon carnage fest, there is a certain amout of cerebral challenge in there. :D
Got to add that playing demoman doesn't require a lot of skill, shot stickies and detonate them in air and you'll get the kills rolling in. (Or even worse, spam nades into point 2 over and over :D )

1v1 with nades (or aiming good with nades in general) takes some practise but other than that.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009 17:21 
(>Nutter<)

While they are annoying, Lazytown wouldn't be the same or as much fun without them. :)

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009 17:34 
(>Nutter<)

Quote:
I think sometimes people get into a comfort zone with games whereby you get use to playing a certain way.
Yep, the new button for quick layout changes? I think I will never use it at all. Also this thing with the class you are playing having +1 number on the change class screen compared with before the upadate - it is killing me, I still can't get used to it. I am all like "why are there people imitating me, changing to what I change?!"

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009 17:40 
Whole Nut

Quote:
Also this thing with the class you are playing having +1 number on the change class screen compared with before the upadate - it is killing me, I still can't get used to it. I am all like "why are there people imitating me, changing to what I change?!"
Oh god yeah, that is so annoying. It actually makes less sense now.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2009 10:34 
Crunchy Nut

People said the same things about the Demoman class in TFC.
Being a good Demoman takes a lot of skill other than just spamming stickies/pipes:

It is, however, the class that can do the most damage in the shortest time. As a result, in clanmatches the Medic and Demoman are always linked or close to each other and instrumental in most pushes (take a look at QuadV if you want to see clanmatches btw).

On a side-note: I have been playing Demoman on Lazytown (all map incarnations since Zeta's original from Sep 2007), for more than 2 years now.